Thursday, July 12, 2007

Heat wave

Posted by Picasa
Many of you probably know that we had quite the record temperature here in Western Washington yesterday. I think it got somewhere around 104 degrees in some spots....that is pretty warm for around here! It has cooled down tremendously today and is supposed to be reaching around the high 80's. We do fine when we get to play at the Point (our family lake property) or hang out in the shade. The part that isn't fun is our house....we have no A/C, so it got to about 86 degrees yesterday. Grayson had a hard time going to sleep last night, but by the time I did (around 1am) there was a nice cool breeze coming through. I love these warm evenings and nights (just not in the house)! I did forget to mention that Grayson and I spent most of the hot part of the day driving to REI (in Tacoma) and other air conditioned stores. We didn't do too bad! I was feeling a lot of empathy for my poor pregnant friends in this heat! I can't even imagine surviving that while I was pregnant. I was lucky enough not to endure any crazy hot days....but if I did I would have had to seriously live in the lake! Sorry girls....please call me next time when you need a cool down!
The picture above was taken on the 4th of July. Grayson has really been enjoying the lake and now starts getting excited when he knows we have arrived. Sand tastes good too!

No comments: