Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Happy Birthday to my mom

Today would have been my mom's 59th birthday....so, we celebrated her life! I made a chicken barley soup and Ruthy made a wondeful apple cake. Grayson blew out a candle on his cupcake while I blew out the candles on the big cake. Hopefully we haven't totally confused Grayson! :) At least we didn't open presents. People who don't know us may think we are bit strange (which we are!), but its good to have a little humor in life!














4 comments:

Mom to Tate and Charlie said...

I know you are weird...but I still think it is great that you had a birthday party for your Mom, to celebrate her life. I am sure she is smiling down on you. :)

Cailen said...

I think it's totally appropriate to celebrate her birthday. It's definitely more appropriate to celebrate the day of her birth rather than her death. Today's my grandma's birthday...it's the day I am most likely to go to the cemetery and visit. It's good to remember your loved ones on these days.

Brian & Kara said...

I think that sounds like a nice way to celebrate her. =)
I swear Grayson's eyes get bluer and bigger everytime there's a new picture of him- beautiful!

Colleen said...

Awww...I have tears! What a great life it was and she sure should be celebrated!! I am reflecting on what a special part of my life she was also! {{{Hugs}}}