Tuesday, June 24, 2008

First Triathlon of the Season

This past Saturday, Heath and I both participated in our first triathlon of the season....this was a sprint distance tri consisting of a 1/2 mile swim, 15 mile bike, and 5k run. Despite the lack of training on the bike, I felt really good throughout the whole thing and did pretty well also. I ended up getting 1st in my age group....Heath got 3rd in his age group. I'm really looking forward to doing more this summer especially after I get some more miles on the bike.

This weekend we will be driving down to Sunriver, OR for our annual Pacific Crest Endurance weekend. We rented a huge house this time (because we have more people) and will leave a bit earlier also to stay at a great resort on the way down. I'm really looking forward (as we all are) to this event! I will be doing the 1/2 marathon on Saturday; Heath will do the Olympic Distance Triathlon on Sunday along with Greg and the team of Dad, Ruthy and Jim. Virinda, Alicia and Mariah will do the 5k on Sunday; Grayson will do the 1/2 mile kids run on Sunday and hopefully Lee will do the 1/2 with me.

Pictures from the Ft. Lewis Triathlon will be posted later when I receive them from our "team photographer" Greg.

6 comments:

Cara Grube :) said...

Good luck to all of you! Have fun!!

Brian & Kara said...

Wow! Good job- both of you! And more races on the way...I can't believe Grayson's going to run! =)

Stewart Family said...

Great job girlie!! Good luck and have fun this weekend.

Anonymous said...

Great job, you guys!! I am very proud and can't wait to hear about the results from the next one. Go Grayson!

MJP said...

1st in your age group, that's so good. Heath did really well too. I know Grayson will try his little heart out. How neat.

The Fields Family said...

Once again I am impressed with your accomplishment. Sounds like you enjoyed it. Your upcoming trip should be exciting also. Looking forward to pictures.