Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Our little entomologist in the making

Most people that know me, know that I'm kind of a bug nerd. I bought Grayson this bug net right after he was born...just waiting to use it one day and teach him how to collect insects. The insect collection container was given to me by my mom when I had first gotten "into" bugs. Grayson and I tried it out for the first time the other day. We caught a honeybee and got it into the container...but, we didn't want to hurt it and make it too mad, so we let it go shortly after. We didn't end up getting anything else because I needed to do some yard work...and there just wasn't much out (probably because it wasn't super sunny). Grayson really enjoyed this so I'm sure we will be at it again very soon.




*Grayson's vocabulary has been exponentially increasing every day. He is so darn cute and he just cracks me up. He absolutely loves to help in the kitchen and especially with making eggs. He has been saying "dankey so much" and "I sawy mama"...its so cute and just gets me right in the heart. He is such a sweet little boy and is really mellow and quite good most of the time...I especially notice this when he is around other kids his age. He still loves water and plays with the sprinkler and water faucets all the time. Hmm...I wonder where he gets his love for water?!

6 comments:

Cailen said...

I am so glad that you've posted again! I rely upon my friends' blogs for my daily dose of entertainment! Grayson is so cute and I am glad you're able to enjoy this fun time with him.

tiffany jeanne said...

He is so cute! Good thing you like bugs, too. I'm not that brave in that dept!

The Fields Family said...

Just to cute! Grayson does seem so sweet and loving. Good Job Mama!

Brian & Kara said...

Those are the cutest little pictures. Where'd you get that butterfly net?

Cara Grube :) said...

Wow, he's such a big boy...he definitely gets his love of bugs from his Mama! :)

Stewart Family said...

That's really cute that he likes bugs. Hopefully he won't grow out of it so you guys and be a buggy team. And I bet his talking melts your heart. I think God makes kids so darn heart warming so we will still love them while they are screaming their guts out in the car :)