Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Separation anxiety!

Today was my second attempt at taking Grayson to the daycare at the gym. The first time I was able to leave him there for about 50 minutes before he started having a breakdown. They gave him lots of animal crackers and basically had to hold him the whole time. Today....was a different story. I took him to find a cool truck and excavator to play with. As soon as I told him that I would see him later and gave him a kiss.....he had his little freakout (which involves his big time cry and guilt provoking looks). But, I trucked on to my destination of the pool. I should have went with my gut and just did some weights or cardio.....something that didn't require me to completely change and get wet, etc. But I really wanted to swim, dang it! Well, I got 6 laps in (a total of 3 1/2 minutes) before I called to check on him. "Well, he is fussing pretty good"......."ok, be there in just a bit". I didn't even have time to shower off and had to just put on my clothes, re-pull back my hair and off I go to save my child. Anyway, I've realized that I am going to have to suck it up with the long drive and try to get there more often; almost daily....if I want to be able to swim again! Obviously I won't go through the whole rig-a-ma-roll of going for a swim until he is at peace. This too shall pass! (right, Cailen?)

4 comments:

Cara Grube :) said...

Do you go to they Y in Tumwater?? I've really been wanting to find somewhere semi-close that I could do some swimming or water aerobics also...maybe I'll check it out. If we carpooled the drive wouldn't be so bad Ü

Cara Grube :) said...

Oh, and ummm...any particular reason you've been reading the pregnancy books again??? Ü

Cailen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Lees Family said...

That happened with Scout when I tried to take him to the Y in NY. He was about 2 1/2. I tried it for 2 weeks, would only get a max of 20 minutes in, before the CAME AND GOT ME! It was so bad! I was going everyday too! Harbor was too little, didn't make any difference for him to be there though! I hope it works out for you!! Just keep at it, I'm sure it will pay off!