Friday, September 14, 2007

Our day at the fair!

Today we took Grayson to his first Puyallup fair....well, besides when he was in utero (which was very early on in the pregnancy so I was fighting a bit of nausea). Anyway, we went early enough that it wasn't crowded at all, which was a first for me. We parked near where the kids rides were, so when I saw the train I knew that I wanted him to go on it with me. However, the kids are supposed to be two years old. Well....he looks two, right!? So, off we went on our little train ride...which was quite short. I think he liked it, but he didn't really say too much. He did like looking at all the other big rides and he "oohed" a lot. The main reason we wanted to take him was so he could see the animals. Since he loves feeding the sheep and chickens so much at the farm.....and loves to make "moo" sounds (which is a long grunt noise) when he sees cows, we thought he would enjoy seeing a whole bunch of them. I think he had a pretty good time looking at all the different animals. He got to be close and pet our friend's horse, but he wasn't so sure about it. That was his first close up with a large animal (other than a sheep). I think he really wanted to get down and run around for the most part and do his own animal exploring. We weren't going to let this happen because I think he wanted to go run up to the cows that were lying down. He did do some of his signature "mooing" and his pig oink....which he scrunches up his nose and snorts. He even got to talk to one of the grunting pigs and pet some goats and a cute bunny. Oh...and he started clapping his hands when he saw the sheep because this is how we call them on the farm. It was cute! After the animals it was time for some lunch and then off to look at some of the booths. As we were leaving we caught a little bit of the acappella group, The Coats (previous name was Trenchcoats....they probably ditched the trench part after the whole trenchcoat mafia thing). Anyway, they've been around for quite some time and I've seen them perform a couple other times when I was in high school. It dawned on me that I used to know one of the singers.....oh yes, he was one of the tennis pros at Sprinker where I used to take tennis lessons. My memory did ok on that one!

All in all I think Grayson had a fun time today....he definitely is a tired little boy! Next year he can do more rides! Sorry no pictures....I forgot the camera!

1 comment:

Cailen said...

Way to blog sans pictures! See it was still a great post, full of descriptions, even though you had no pix! :) Sounds like you had fun at the fair!