Monday, May 19, 2008


On Sunday, I finished the Capital City Half Marathon! Two years prior....I was in labor! As usual it was definitely a mental and physical challenge. My goal was to finish around 1 hour and 55 minutes (8:49/mile)...and this is exactly what I finished in. It got a little warm at times, but I seemed to fair pretty well. Heath and Grayson met up with me around the 10 1/2 mile and ran with me until about mile 12. Typically I have a tough time around mile 10, so this was helpful for my support team to get me through the last bit. The last mile was pretty much all downhill...and I really pushed it at the end. When I was done with the race I was treated to a free 15 minute massage....it was fantastic! I even got 2 people working on me....stretching me and working the lactic acid out. I was also pleasantly suprised to see a few of the gals from the clinic who did the 5 miler. I was quite impressed that they got a group together to do this....something I've wanted to organize for awhile now.

I'm pretty sore all over today, but thats not such a bad thing. Now I need to start preparing for the triathlon and the next 1/2 marathon in Sunriver.
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Brian & Kara said...

Good job! I didn't realize that how you meant you were feeling my pain, only you went almost triple the distance I did! That had to make you feel great to come across that finish line =).

Cailen said...

Congrats! I didn't realize you were doing this on Sunday. Way to go!

MJP said...

Very impressive Jessica. A Triathalon would be quite an accomplishment, good luck.

Stewart Family said...

That is a great accomplishment!! I always wanted to run a marathon, but I don't like running so it's probably not going to happen anytime soon. Way to go girlie!

The Fields Family said...

Congrats! I am super impressed, especially because I can't make myself even run a mile. Also you look great while doing it.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I'm so proud of you for hitting your goal time. How sweet of Heath and Grayson to help you through the rough spot! :)

The Lees Family said...

Congrats! What an accomplishment! We are so proud of you!