Thursday, September 18, 2008

Dog Tormenting

Look closely at Keilah's back and you will notice the BBQ tongs! Lately we've been having quite a challenging time with Grayson and the dogs. He is completely obsessed with them and wants to play with them or torment them all the time. It pretty much drives me crazy because the dogs by themselves make my blood pressure go up....then add a toddler that won't listen and will continue to pull their tails, ride them, push them, and do the above. Timeouts are a joke, taking away "bunny tv" privledges and anything else is useless. He is for the most part pretty loving with them and he will say he is sorry, hug them and then give them a kiss on their lips (seriously). We wouldn't mind so much with the tormenting, but I don't completely trust Keilah...because she is little Miss Thang and gets her hackles up all the time...and will sometimes growl. We are trying to teach Grayson her warning signs....but he just thinks its funny.
So...the other morning he was outside with them on the deck while I was reading on the couch sipping my coffee. I heard Grayson laugh his deep belly laugh, glanced up and noticed a walking pair of BBQ tongs. I just cracked up! It was quite the sight to see. So...I got up and looked out the door and noticed not one but both pairs of BBQ tongs on each dog's back. Hilarious! I quickly ran and got the camera, but by the time I got back I was only able to get Keilah, since Corbin's accessory came off. I took this through the window so I didn't let Grayson know that I was amused. Creative kid, I tell ya!
*Update as of about 5 minutes after original post: I made the mistake of showing Grayson this photo....now, as I sit here I look over to see the dogs in the house...both with tongs on their backs. "Try again" he says after it falls off.
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

The Fields Family said...

This post has me laughing!! I have all the same issues with River. Especially the "riding" and tail pulling. The other day I caught him closely examining what is underneath the tail. My dogs drive me NUTS, but I feel for them, they are getting old.

Also, I would love to chat about the whole time out thing. Does being a parent ever make you feel like you are the dumbest person ever?

Cara Grube :) said...

I can just hear his little laugh! Hilarious!

Stewart Family said...

That's too funny! I'm hoping Easton will be kind to our dog, but I think I shouldn't hold my breath for that one!

Anonymous said...

Give Grayson a doggie brush and everyone will benefit!

tiffany jeanne said...

I can sense your frustration in the post...but I have to admit it made me laugh out loud. Our pups are SO understanding when it comes to our little ones, huh??? Anyway, good luck keeping the separation between loving and 'playing'.

Cailen said...

This makes me laugh! What our poor dogs go through...

Brian & Kara said...

The dog has a "help me" look on his face! =)
I was curious, if you knew what the bug on Marjean's page is. I have never seen anything like it...