Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Finally done!

Our deck is finally completed after 2 years of starting the process. We are thrilled that we can now enjoy our wonderful deck...rain or shine! I have been taking full advantage of our deck by spending most of my free time outside...in the hammock reading, eating breakfast, lunch and dinner and soaking up the sun. Grayson loves to spend most of his time out there as well. We are excited that we can finally use our outdoor heater that we've had for nearly 3 years. On this past Sunday we broke in the deck and had family and a few friends over for a barbeque. I timed it right so we could also have Amy, Sam and Max join us. It was great for me to be able to sit outside till late and chat with Amy. I think this fall and winter may be a bit more bearable since we can get some outdoor air without getting soaked and cold. Thanks to all who helped us with our deck project! We truly appreciate it all!
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Brian & Kara said...

I'm so glad you have an update! It looks like you had a lot of people to "christen" your new deck, and it's nice to see Amy's pretty little face too!

Sue Williamson said...

Thanks so much for all the great pics you continually post. And the deck - What a blessing for you all!! I know how much you love to be outside and Grayson too!! Keep em coming because Grammie loves to see her family that lives so far away!! Love ya, MOM

Anonymous said...

The deck turned out great, and it looks like everyone was having a good time! Thanks for sharing...Love you all!

MJP said...

I really wish I could have been there. We do need to get together soon.

Cara Grube :) said...

Looks like you guys had fun without us...sorry we missed it! And holy cow, does Max look like his mama or what?!?

Cailen said...

I'm still bitter we weren't there. Looks like it was lots of fun. And the deck looks fabulous! But I am glad that it turned out NOT to be the "end of summer" BBQ we truly thought it would be. It is so nice to have some sun before fall truly begins.