Sunday, August 16, 2009

Montana trip (via Omak)

These pictures are better late than never!


Grayson and I drove over to Alicia's house in Omak, WA on a Sunday morning (August 3rd). Alicia just moved into a new house, so dad was there helping get her set up and paint, etc. Dad travelled over on Thursday with Alicia's 2 nieces (Abbey and Lilly) and nephew (Joe). On Monday, Grayson and I ( along with Abbey) drove over to the Montana cabin. We asked Abbey to go with since she is the oldest, is a good baby-sitter and was getting kind of left out. She was thrilled! We got to the cabin later than I wanted, but we still had a couple hours of daylight left.


On Tuesday, I taught Abbey how to drive the quad. At first it was a little scary...I rode behind her and Grayson rode in front of her. She really was only going about 5 mph on the easy trails. After she did that with me for awhile, she asked if she could practice in the field down by the creek. I figured she would do better without me breathing down her neck. Sure enough...she caught on and did really well. All 3 of us went to the Bull River for a little swim that day as well. We didn't do any venturing off around the cabin since there had been a couple cougar and bear sightings. Tuesday evening, dad and Alicia and the 4 other kids arrived.

Wednesday we spent quite a bit of time at Triangle Pond. When I was thinking pond, I was thinking murky, weedy, leech-infested water. However, it was the exact opposite. It was crystal clear, beautiful, weed-less water! When we got back we did a clay hunting excursion in the creek. Dad wanted to get some clay for the kids to make things out of. I decided that we needed to take advantage of the healing properties of clay and slather it all over our bodies. That was fun! In the evening, dad and I ventured up on quads to the "lookout".

Thursday was the day that Grayson and I had to leave. It was a long drive, but we did quite well together!

Very cold creek in Omak! Grayson was sooo brave! I can't believe he got into this water (must have been peer pressure)...he is kind of wimpy like his mom when it comes to cold water.


Triangle Pond, Pilgrim Creek, Abbey riding the quad and Grayson getting his quad ride from Pop.



Clay warriors. Unfortunately, once you got the clay on...it had to come off at some point...and that meant in the freezing cold creek. Once I got used to it, then I had a little fun "floating" down the creek.



There is no way I'm waiting another 4 years to get back to the cabin! I must visit it more often!





2 comments:

Stewart Family said...

the cutest blog on the block has triathlon backgrounds.....

MJP said...

Your whole darn family is so photogenic!!