Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Late October Sun

We have had some extrodinary weather the past 2 days.....warm and sunny. This is not our typical Washington weather for October. Grayson and I took full advantage of this gorgeous day! We first started off the day with a visit from Amy (Woodger) and her little guy Max (who will be turning 2 this Nov.) We all went to the park and then went to visit Grandpa at the vet clinic for a short time. We had a quick visit with the Woodgers before it was time for naps. After naptime....Grayson and I went to the Chehalis-Western Trail to get in a much needed bike ride. Just as we arrived we noticed that Grandpa was also getting ready for a bike ride (he snuck out of work early to catch some rays). So....we tagged along with him. Now...I'm quite a bit slower when pulling a 28 pound (or so) kid in a bike trailer....but dad stuck with us. He somehow conned me into going 12 (ish) miles before we turned around. I haven't done this long of a ride in years! But, it was so beautiful to see all the trees in their fall color, leaves on the trail and to smell the wonderful fall scents. Days like this make me really love the fall! I just took it all in and made sure I looked around at the way the sunlight hit the trees and the leaves. Grayson did so well on that long ride even when it started to get pretty cool. Because I didn't expect to go that far, I didn't bring any warmer type clothing. Grayson was pretty bundled in his cart with blankets around him. It sure gets dark quick! I ended up being able to switch off the bike trailer and let dad tote it around for about the last 1/3. By then....it was getting a wee bit dark. By the time we got back to the car it was definitely night time.....we had to use the light of the moon to see at times. Even though it was getting chilly, we hit these amazing pockets of warm air....about a 20 degree difference. All in all.....it was a great afternoon. I will miss you Sun!

2 comments:

Cailen said...

I REALLY wanted to take Colter for a bike ride yesterday, too. Great idea! Colter is on training wheels which he has "altered" resulting in his tipping over a lot and I wasn't sure I was up for that kind of drama yesterday. Colter ended up helping Daddy down at the spec. house, hence my date with the wine. The wine was fabulous, too, thanks for asking!

The Fields Family said...

I love the Chehalis trail! What a perfect fall day. Maybe we will get lucky and have a few more like that.