Monday, November 12, 2007

Our crazy fall weather is back!

For those of you that live in Washington.....you obviously know how insane the wind was today! It was crazy and loud! I really do enjoy the wind, however, I don't like trees falling down. It gets a little nerve racking when you see hurricane like winds whipping through the trees around your house. We got some furious winds that came off the lake.....which were evident when our neighbor across the street had the whole top 1/2 of their large maple tree break off. Heath watched it through the window as it crashed over the road and spilled some of its branches into our yard and driveway. So much for my lovely yard clean up last week. Well, at least I didn't really do the part where the branches landed. We were just thankful that the dying Maple in our front yard didn't decide to do the same thing. It really needs to come down soon....on our own time though!

Heath went and helped the neighbors clean up the road mess of tree trunk and branches with his chainsaw. Now there will be quite the mess to clean up this coming weekend.

We lost power at about 8am and we still don't have it. This isn't unusual since we are always the last to get it on. Sometimes we can look across the lake and see that the other side has it.....then maybe we will get it a day later. Hmmmm.....how am I typing this blog? Well, I can't go too long without my computer, so I have it hooked to the generator while the refrigerator takes a break. Of course we have Monday night football on also. Hello.....priorities!

The sky is super clear tonight, so we may have some sun tomorrow. I miss our unusually sunny fall weather. I plan on posting some pictures that we took during our awesome weather this past month.

4 comments:

The Fields Family said...

I relate, our yard was all nice and clean and now it is just a big mess again. It will stay that way for awhile too!! Hope your power comes on soon, We were only out about an hour. That is unusaul, we are most often last in line. Glad that no trees came down on either of our houses today.

The Lees Family said...

We have our work cut out for us this weekend too! Roof repair, fence repair, aahh, the joys of owning your own home! Our lights just blinked a couple times, I kinda miss the candles and darkness though!

tiffany jeanne said...

We love our computers...and our blogs, huh? Hopefully your power's back on now...

Cara Grube :) said...

Wasn't that crazy?? I don't know where I've been, but I had no idea it was even coming! I was totally caught off guard. We had to spend the night at my parent's house last night since our little nest gets extremely cold pretty quickly. Matt and I could've done it, but it was way too cold for Taylor. Our power just came back on at about 12noon today. I, too, think that we are always the last to get our power back! Atleast it wasn't 7 days like last winter...knock on wood! I have a feeling it's going to be a long one...