Saturday, January 26, 2008

The Training Begins

Today was the first day to run with the training group. So off I went early this morning to Olympia....in 25 degree weather. I was all bundled up and ready to brave the cold, but by the time I got there I was overdressed....so off went the down vest. I was a little concerned about running 8 miles today because its been awhile since I've done that distance. I ended up running 6 miles on Thursday (to make up for last weekend)...it felt ok, but I wasn't sure how I would do today. I was actually surprised at how good I felt during and after the run. I was even thinking that maybe we didn't run 8 and instead was 7....but, it was truly 8. Heath didn't go in today because he will probably be doing the runs on his own so we don't have to get Grayson up early and push him in the stroller. Tomorrow will be his run....unfortunately it will probably be in the rain.

After my run I gave dad a call to see if he was around Oly....sure enough he was actually about a mile ahead of me. So....we met up for coffee and a breakfast burrito and just chilled. It was nice!

I think I may start a new blog so I can start logging my runs, etc; have race info; and maybe some other running, biking, swimming tidbits. I'll do this mainly for myself, but anyone is welcome to read it...I'm making no promises that it will be super interesting. I've done a written log before and it really helped with my training, so I thought I would do well with a log online (since I'm good at the online thing).

2 comments:

tiffany jeanne said...

Yes please start that blog...I'll at least keep up with it. I need to start running again, and I will after I go back to work in one week. I just need this next week with Avery. Maybe after I work a little I'll be able to leave her a little easier to go for long runs. We'll see. I must get a running stroller, and she can join me! :)

The Brights said...

The running stroller is the best thing since sliced bread! I was really fortunate to get it from my aunts as a baby gift....I've pretty much used it from around 3 or 4 weeks of age and on. I got some head "bumper" things that helped keep his head secure and straight. It definitely is the best because I can run any time with him....I have a rain cover too so I really have no excuse (even though I try to find one a lot). I'll let ya know when I start up the other blog. :)