Sunday, February 10, 2008

Busy couple of days

Well, we've had kind of a whirlwind last couple of days.  Whew!  

Friday I spent some time doing some work for a friend and for dad doing some cleaning.  Following that I ran home quickly to get a shower and then leave for the High School Regional Wrestling Tournament.  Heath and Grayson had to leave without me so I had to drive in on my own.  We went to watch Brenda and Bob Thornhill's son, Caleb wrestle....he is a freshman and has been wrestling his whole life as dad as his coach.  Following his match we met up with Justin and his new girl, Sarah at Bar Cinco for dinner and drinks. 

Saturday.....Heath's Birthday (party in the evening)  Happy Birthday! 

Saturday I got up early to go into Olympia for my 8.6 mile run with the training group.  Quickly after that I zoomed back into Yelm for the beginning of day 2 of the wrestling tourney.  I didn't even have time to change.....wet from the rain and sweaty.  Oh well.  Heath met me there, but missed watching Caleb because he was nice enough that morning to make his own birthday cake.  Following the semi-final rounds (which was exciting because a lot of the Yelm guys won their matches) I ran back over to dad's for some more cleaning.  I didn't have time to run home a take a shower so I just changed and went back to the wrestling tourney to catch the finals.  Heath was able to get Debbie to come over and watch Grayson while he came back to the tourney.  However, things were running behind so I stayed till about 3 pm then ran home (approx. 17 mins away) to gather up my shower stuff, clothes and the cake....then pick up Grayson.....I had to be back at the school at 4pm for the start of the finals.  I really wanted to get there on time to see the one girl wrestle (from another school).....she is pretty good and I kept missing all her matches.  I had zero gas, but Grayson and I got to the school a couple minutes late, but I was able to watch the girl wrestle a bit.  Was quite interesting.  She didn't win by the way, but got 3rd in the Region....and will be going to State next weekend.  Anyway, we got to see Caleb who was wrestling for 1st or 2nd against his teammate, Marcus.  It was a close (and good) match, but Marcus won.  So...Yelm took 1st and 2nd in that weight division.  I had enough time to see a few more wrestle but had to leave to run back over to dad's.  It was time to make the frosting and put the cake together.....oh, and order the pizza.  Once I got that taken care of (around 5:50pm) it was time to shower (way over due).  Family were due to arrive between 6 and 6:30 for the party.  Thankfully Aunt Judy finished the rest of the cake while I was getting ready.  So....needless to say I was quite ready for a glass or 4 of some good red wine that dad picked up in Seattle.  Boy I was sure tired that night!

Today was more of a lazy day mixed in with a little tax preparation.  Since I have my own business, there is bit more work involved with doing taxes.....I want to make sure I have maximized all neccessary deductions.  Still not done....actually I should have been working on them instead of writing this blog.  Oh well.  Tonight we also met up with dad, Justin and Sarah for dinner....Justin is moving to Maui tomorrow.  We aren't sure for how long...but he does have a good job with the Maui Glass Blowing Factory (Da Factory)

By the way....check out Justin's website.  

ok....blah, blah, blah.....lots of ramblin' on in that one!  I'm tired!

7 comments:

MJP said...

Wow, you may have stretched yourself a bit too thin that time. Have fun on your V-day dinner. (Eventhough I am not a big fan of the holiday)

Brian & Kara said...

Wow, Justin is always doing something so interesting. It seems like he's really living life. Are you going to visit after he's settled?
Did you get some zzz's after all your running around- even though you're busy, it seems like such a good busy.
Happy Birthday Heath.
I wonder if Marjean likes Valentine's Day...=)

Cailen said...

Wow! Even though I was busy being all "rock the vote" and "grass-roots democracy" chick this weekend, I think you have me beat for busyness! Take time to just breathe this week, K?

tiffany jeanne said...

I like red wine, too...and plan on indulging in a few glasses on Tuesday evening after work...and after Avery's in bed! :) I'm starting to run this week...exciting! (Enjoying your training blog...I find it insprirational)

Cara Grube :) said...

Wow...busy girl!

Thanks for posting Justin's website! It's lookin' good!

It was good talking to you today Ü

Brian & Kara said...

Happy Valentine's!
Hope you guys have a good night out!

The Fields Family said...

Busy! Busy! Busy! It is so great that you find the time and energy to enjoy life fully. I am so behind on everything and River has decided he is done napping!!! Must be the time of year. I personally have the need to tie up loose ends before Spring and Summer because I want to spend that time outside having FUN.