Thursday, March 6, 2008

Funny little boy

As I start writing this post....Grayson is running around with a ball in his hands....while sniffing the ball. Silly.

A funny word game he likes to play with us is when we say "I love you" or "Do you love mama?", etc.....
He will say "I" .... which means that he wants us to say "I Love You" slowly (in sign language as well). Then he will proceed with random words like "backhoe", "dada", "mama", "pop", "meow", "dogs", "jeps (for Jeopardy)", etc.....
After he says one of these words, he wants us to say "backhoe loves you", or "jeps loves you", etc. Its pretty funny because you see his little brain thinking really hard about a new word to come up with.

It seems like there is a new word or phrase everyday now. A couple new words are "jimmies" (for jammies) "jeps" (for his favorite show to watch....as well as mom's) "boontz" (for balloons).

Just now he was throwing all of his crayons and markers out of their basket onto the floor. He then got down off his chair and stood there perplexed and said "hmmpf"....as if he couldn't figure out what to do with the mess. Then decided to put them back (love that!).

The other day he was looking at himself in the mirror in our room and I said "who is that". He says (I swear it) "stinky". I cracked up so hard...which made him start laughing hard causing him to get the hiccups. Funny kid!

Every day brings us some new funny and entertaining thing....its never a dull day!

2 comments:

The Fields Family said...

I chuckled as I read your post. Having a child the age of our kids is so FUN. I swear it just gets better. I can be so annoyed and them BOOM! River turns on the charm and I am laughing. Kids are just the most amazing things EVER!!! and of course Grayson is just so cute!!

Brian & Kara said...

I think it's cool when parents teach their kids sign language. It's like you know there's so much more they'd say if only they know how to.