Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Zoo trip



Grayson and I stopped by the zoo today after dropping Aunt Ruthy and cousin Lee off at the airport. I've been wanting to take him there but just haven't found the time to drive up to Tacoma. So....since we were in the neighborhood, I thought today would be a good day. The weather held out and we had temperatures in the mid to higher 50's. I didn't get many pictures, but we did get plenty of the peacocks....and their fancy courting rituals. One peacock came right up to us....which scared Grayson a little. Overall, we had a good time and enjoyed the outside time. Grayson's favorite animals were the fish, the tiger, the penguins, the elephants and the peacocks. The male tiger kept "talking" to us....Grayson kept telling me that he wanted more of that (the tiger's growly noise).

3 comments:

The Fields Family said...

A fun Mom and Son day. I have been wanting to take River also. It sounds like you guys had a great time together.

MJP said...

I love the zoo. What a neat thing to do. I can't wait until it is summer, I think we will all go to the zoo.

Brian & Kara said...

Do they still have a good aquarium? That was always one of my favorite things about going to the zoo. That's neat that the peacocks were doing their little thing too, I bet that was neat to see.