Thursday, March 20, 2008

Just Fine

So....Grayson is just fine. There appears to be absolutely no leg injury...he is back to being his normal self. Figures....after a bazillion xrays. Oh well, better safe than sorry. We still believe that he truly had something wrong with his leg though.

Today as we were just about to leave Kris and Tony's (just down the street)....I put Grayson in the passenger seat like I do when I drive to and from their place. This is the only time I do this....I either hold him and he "drives" or he sits in the passenger seat like a big boy. It is seriously just down the street....and we go about 15 miles an hour. Anyway, thats beside the point. After I put him in the seat, I shut the door and heard "click". The doors locked....with the keys inside. Oh great! So, Kris and I tried countless times to get him to push the unlock button, but he kept pushing the lock part. Then he got bored with that and saw a gum package (he is obsessed with gum by the way). It was empty, but he was playing around with that and not even paying attention to us. Then Tony appears.....this got Grayson's attention and we all tried again to get him to push the unlock button. Again....he didn't quite get it. He got bored and grabbed the remote for the stereo and began pushing THOSE buttons instead. He did grab the door handle and move it back and forward several times....apparently this unlocked the door, but none of us realized this. So, when he pushed the lock button again.....it locked. What!?!? It was unlocked? Finally, he pulled the handle again and opened the door. It was such a crack up! He was just chillin' and didn't even know what he did.

3 comments:

Brian & Kara said...

I'm glad Grayson's okay, and not still locked inside your car! I bet he was wondering what in the world you guys were doing. =)

Brookreson Family said...

Wow! What an adventure! I once locked my niece in the car while she was already in her car seat in the parking lot of Fred Meyer. What a nightmare! Glad to hear you and Grayson managed to figure it out.

Cailen said...

I am so glad to hear that you did this, too! I thought I was the ultimate Bad Mom b/c I locked Anzley in the car once. She was about nine months old and could do nothing about it. It was awful! I am so glad Grayson didn't freak out. That makes it worse. And, FYI, Bill's Towing will come and unlock your car for free if there's a child locked inside (and they won't even laugh at you or make you feel worse).