Sunday, June 21, 2009

Ft. Lewis Triple Threat Triathlon #1

Saturday was the first triathlon of the year at Ft. Lewis. Its a sprint triathlon consisting of a 1/2 mile swim, 15 mile bike ride and a 5K run. I did fine and may have PR'd (I have to check back on my old times)....but, I definitely went to slow on my swim. I think I may have shaved some time off the bike...which would make sense since that is where the majority of training has been. I did end up getting 3rd in my age group though....so a little hardward is always nice! My times were: 19:21 swim; 1 min 12 sec transition; 49:48 bike; 1 min transition; 24:20...which equals to be around 1:35:48 or so.
**I just checked back on my old times and I've pretty much plateaued with my times from last year. That sucks! Well, I guess I've been training for a longer triathlon (which is next week)...so maybe thats the problem. Boo.


Wow, isn't this a great picture of me!

Greg sprinting the last bit of the race. He has greatly improved since last year and took about 20 minutes off his best time from last year! That is crazy! I guess living in San Diego and training all the time really paid off. I'm only a little bitter!! :)








Our "fans" really paying attention to our race!























2 comments:

Stewart Family said...

Great job girlie!

Brian & Kara said...

I think you're pretty hard on yourself. Don't forget what an amazing thing your body is actually doing- even if it's not a PR. Most people will never accomplish anything close to this, physically or know what it's like mentally- it's takes strength in all kinds of areas and you just keep going! Good job, these postings always inspire me to get back out there. =)