Friday, July 10, 2009

July 4th fun run: 'Four on the Fourth'


"Four on the Fourth" race in Steilacoom. Grayson did the kids 1 mile race...his longest one. He ran with daddy (ran, walked, ran, walked)....but then wanted to keep running with the kids afterwards. This was Amy's first 4 mile race and her 2nd race she has ever done (last one was about 5 years ago). She did really well and is now planning more to do! I tried to beat Greg on this one...but he decided to catch up to me at mile 2.5 and then go ahead of me at mile 3. I tried to maintain the same distance in between us, but the last part of the race is uphill...I just couldn't sprint hard enough up it. So...he beat me by 20 seconds! My time was 31:33 and Greg's was 31:13. The competition is on!

2 comments:

Colleen said...

You all look great - and happy! Go Amos! Thinking of you all often and wishing we could do more!

Brian & Kara said...

Ah, you were right on my old road! We sure miss that place sometimes- though the pub is NOT the same as it used to be.
That's a great time you got on your run. =)