Sunday, December 30, 2007

Christmas update

I thought I had better give a little update even though I haven't uploaded any photos from Christmas yet. It has been a whirlwind week (or so).....and I probably gained a bazillion pounds from all the food we ate. Christmas Eve was spent at dad's house (tradition) with the Brown side of the family....just a small group of us. Justin flew in that morning from his 6 week trip in Peru. We had some great food (as usual) in great company. After our dinner we started in on the gift opening. Grayson got some fun things and also some loud things...."electric" guitar, basketball hoop, clothes, jammies, etc. This was the first night of many that Grayson stayed up way too late. He does really well with late nights and probably gets a second wind like his mama.

Christmas morning we got up and opened more gifts....from the Texas family and from Santa. Grayson had another good time opening gifts and making a mess with the paper. He got a new personalized cushy chair, trucks, tractors, books and other fun stuff. That night we went back over to dad's to eat and hang out with the Boyles. Another great meal!

The following evening was spent over at the Homestead (Gary and Debbie's) for the Edwards side Christmas. This is always a big event.....lots of people and kids. More wonderful food again! Then....another Grayson spoiling.....he got a Craftsman kids tractor, a large excavator, some small CAT machinery, books and my favorite....Trigger the horse. Trigger is a very old spring type "rocking horse" that my grandpa Lee made about 50 plus years ago. I had him growing up and always thought that grandpa made him for me. I was quickly corrected by my aunt Ruthy....who told me that he was made for her when she was a little girl. Trigger looked great, despite his age....he had a total makeover! Grayson enjoyed getting on him while I bounced him around, then he quickly figured out how to make him "go" on his own.

Well, we had a couple days of down time (which was spent running around taking gifts back and hitting the sales) before our next event. Last night was spent at our clinic Christmas party....dinner at the new golf course restraunt (very good), then a quick drink at Bar Cinco, then off to Don and Karen's for the gift exchange. A few of us decided to get dressed up in cocktail type attire just for the heck of it. This was fun to do since I'm usually seen in jeans and tshirt type attire.

That pretty much sums it up. We don't have any official, concrete plans yet for New Years.....but we may lay low a bit. This was a great Christmas week.....it was fun to see Grayson getting more into it this year. Now we just have to get him back on some sort of normal sleep schedule! I will be posting pictures shortly....stay tuned!

4 comments:

MJP said...

Wow, you guys had a busy week. I am glad you had such a great Christmas. I will work on adding some pics to my blog. HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

The Fields Family said...

It has been such a busy time. Sounds like you had a great Christmas. Happy New Year...enjoy your down time.

Cailen said...

Wow! Your week sounds super busy--but fun! Mike had last week off and we were VERY lazy. And I do mean, VERY. You deserve some down time--be sure and take it! Happy New Year!

Brian & Kara said...

Hey, sounds like you had a fun Christmas. What did you guys do for New Year's? We didn't do a thing (well, Brian worked for awhile), it was nice.