Saturday, December 1, 2007

Feelin' the cold!

Ok people I stuck to my word and got outside today to put up my lights. I thought this was going to be a great day to do so....no wind, rain, etc....yet. The moment I get outside it starts to snow...kind of. Anyway, I did manage to get some lights up despite the frigid temperature, the freezing of my boot-tay and a few choice words. As usual there were those extra fun times when the already-tested lights decide not to work once I get them on top of the world's larget freaking tree. Most of it went quite smoothly though (even with frozen fingers). I'm not quite finished (of course), but the majority of it is all up. Pictures to come soon.

6 comments:

Cailen said...

Congrats! I can't wait to see the finished project. I put up some lights for the kids on Thursday. The good thing is, the tackier the display, the better the kids like it. I am NOT the world's best light putter-upper!

Brian & Kara said...

That's a lot of determination roughing the winds and rains like that. I don't know that I could have done it. I bet it looks good. Did you go with white or colored lights?
P.S.~ Aren't you proud of Marjean, we finally got our girl linked up with her little page!

tiffany jeanne said...

Oooo, those christmas lights drive me CRAZY! I can't tell you how many 'tested' strands failed me once I got them on my tree this year...And that's with trying to do it while the baby is sleeping...yeah right...

Sue Williamson said...

Okay Jess - you go girl......Can't believe you did it!! Come snow or rain or sleet - you are just like the mail man!! HA!! You have me beat. I still have the Thanksgiving things out. Kind of hard to get in the attic with a fractured foot. Keep thinking the Christmas fairy will come and get everything down for me but it's just not happening!! Maybe I'll just put lights on the pumpkins!!

Cara Grube :) said...

We're gonna do a drive-by tomorrow and check out your handy-work! I'm sure it looks great Ü

We need to get together before we leave. Give us a call this weekend...we're just hoping to get some packing done. Our house will be done next week! Yippee!!

See ya soon!

The Brights said...

Ok...if we are home, you have to stop in! If not....we will hopefully see you this weekend.

I should have all of the lights finished by tomorrow (hopefully Heath will put up my roof lights!)