Monday, April 14, 2008

I'm Back!

Well, I'm back from a terrific conference in Atlanta! We had an eventful time full of inspiration, motivation and fun. Tim McGraw played on our last night. Even though I'm not his biggest fan, it was still really good and was great to see how he and the band took in all the screaming ladies! I'm not 100%, but I think there were somewhere around 14,000 people. I got in yesterday....and my bags got in today. Apparently they went to Chicago....I think this is because we were trying to get bumped; almost got bumped; then at the last minute they didn't need us to, but my bags went there anyway.

Its good to be back and get into a normal routine. Whatever normal means. It was great to see Heath and Grayson again....they did really well while I was gone. Grayson was totally being a devil today and has tested my every last nerve. He has been doing this for awhile with hitting, kicking (during diaper changes), throwing toys, and being completely obstinant. However, today was 10 fold! He didn't want to take a nap and it took several attempts until I could get him to settle down and go to sleep. I sure hope that tomorrow will be better. I know he is doing this for attention and he thinks its funny (which he likes to let me know by saying "funny").

6 comments:

Brian & Kara said...

Oh, I'm laughing hearing about Grayson...he's so bad but it's cracking me up! I bet you're good with him. Glad Atlanta was good...do you have pictures? =) Were you able to ward Tim off, after you got all snazzed up?!

The Brights said...

Oh yeah....I was able to ward him off, but it was tough!

The only pictures I got were on my phone because I didn't take a camera this year....I broke our other one at last year's conference. However, it was crazy, but I ran into Darby Hayes and her mom and she took a couple pictures of us. That was totally unexpected!

Brian & Kara said...

That's funny, is she a consultant also?

The Fields Family said...

SO FUNNY about Grayson. River does the same thing, he is so bad and he is telling me "funny". It is so hard not to laugh. Hang in there with River it is getting MUCH better, most days. Sounds like you had fun and it is great to miss your family. You know, absence and the heart getting fonder. :)

The Brights said...

yeah, Darby just started about a month ago and is loving it. She was a realtor and her husband a builder...since times are slow, this was perfect timing for her.

So...I bought 2 toddler books today....one is from the Supernanny and the other is Happiest Toddler on the Block. I hope I learn some good techniques!

Brian & Kara said...

Wow, that's kind of neat!
I got my birthday card! Thank you...I am going email my address to you- I don't think I ever got it to you when we moved in August (I was so obsessed with painting- and I just got THAT done!)
So I guess an address update is in order now 8 months later =)...Oops