Monday, April 28, 2008

A little update...

So, I've been sort of bad about blogging (especially with pictures) lately. Since the weather has been off and on, I haven't really gotten any pictures. So...I will just do a quick little update on what we've been up to.

*Heath and Grayson spent a couple days together this past weekend while I did some presentations for my business and while I worked my one day of the month at the vet clinic.

*Grayson and I went to downtown Olympia for Arts Walk on Saturday evening. We hung out with friends and ate yummy pizza; walked around (a lot) and checked out the music and art exhibits. It was quite a zoo down there....seemed like a lot of the people were 1/2 my age! We finally had some great weather this day....and didn't have to put on a sweater till it was getting dark.

*Sunday: Grayson and I went for a walk at the Nisqually Delta. Well, I walked...while Grayson rode on my back in the pack. Whew....he gets awfully heavy...but its a good workout. Even though it was a bit cloudy, it was still in the mid to high 60's and we did have some sun. We saw many birds and ducks, an otter, turtle, frogs, mergansers, geese and bugs. Grayson was so cute and waved at everyone who walked by. He wanted to hold my hand until he saw someone coming....then would start waving at them the moment he saw them. This cracked me up and it was so cute because it put a smile on everyone's face. Heath went on a bike ride with Greg while we were at the delta....preparing for the triathlon in June.

*Sunday evening: Heath took Grayson down to the lake to see the Hydroplane races and to check out the boats. Heath said he kept saying "skedt", "skedt".....which he finally realized meant "scared". He was trembling a little and saying this because the boats were really loud. Heath explained why these boats are loud and that it was ok, etc. He got used to it after a little bit and really enjoyed watching them race around, with water squirting up in the sky. He was still talking about all that today and kept saying his version of scared. Cute.

*I started a 7-day detox body cleanse (new Arbonne product) on Saturday. I must be pretty toxic or something because the past 2 days I've been pretty tired and a little spacey. This is just a cleanse that you drink throughout the day and basically eat normal (healthy, no alcohol, etc). I've been a little headachy and felt a little funky yesterday, but overall hasn't been too bad. Heath started his a couple days before me and hasn't really noticed much discomfort at all.

*Heath has been working on our deck again (along with my cousin, Tony) putting up the deck cover. I think the majority of it is done...we just need the actual covering now. It will be really exciting to be able to use our deck all the time regardless of the weather...and to get to use our outdoor heater. As I write this...it is completely downpouring. Hmmm....I thought today was actually turning out to be nice. Maybe it will rain really hard then be done. Heath has also done some stuff with our yard....moving some plants/shrubs and several other tasks. It is amazing how good our deck looks just with the addition of a few plants around it.

*I finally set up our composter after several years of wanting (and feeling guilty) to do so. I can't believe we didn't have this a long time ago especially because I am such an obsessive recycler! I feel really good about not throwing all those produce and food scraps, paper towels in the trash.

Well, that just about sums it up. I will hopefully have some pictures soon!

5 comments:

Brian & Kara said...

Sounds like some good sightings out at the delta!

Cara Grube :) said...

You guys had a busy and fun weekend! Thanks for the update...I think we've all been less than stellar with our blogging lately! I know I have Ü

Anonymous said...

I'm inspired! But...how do I add you to my friends?

tiffany jeanne said...

You are so cute..."I'm an obsessive recycler"...it made me think of those Northwest Profile commercials for some insurance company! :)

The Brights said...

I love that commercial....that is sooo totally me, its not even funny! :)