Sunday, October 5, 2008

Portland Marathon


This weekend was our annual trip down to Portland for Portland Marathon and 5 miler. This year we stayed at our friends' house who just moved down there a month ago. Unfortunately, they had another engagement in Sunriver so we didn't get to spend time with them....but they were very gracious and let us stay in their house anyway. Heath, Mariah, Lindsey (Mariah's friend) and I ran the 5 miler...while Jim and his brother Joe ran the marathon. The 5 milers all did really well despite the fact that we all haven't been running as much as we should. No records, but we all felt good! The weather was just cloudy and cool until about mile 3 when we started to get a bit of drizzle...which wasn't bad at all. After our race we had a couple hours to kill so we went and warmed up with some coffee at Starbucks and then ventured outside again to wait for Jim and Joe to come in. The guys did great also!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Brian & Kara said...

Beautiful layout! I haven't been running as much as I should either...it always feels good to get back out there though, doesn't it? I love Portland too, it looks like a good time. =)

tiffany jeanne said...

I am still laughing at the tongs on your dogs' butts...that is seriously hilarious! And everytime you post about running I feel jealous...Come February (post pregnancy) I'm on it!

Cara Grube :) said...

Lunch was fun yesterday! Hope to see you again soon :)

Cailen said...

I am really liking your new blog layout. I might have to check out the site where you got this. All of the cool blogger layouts I have found online in the past mess up my widgets or make them disappear entirely. Looks like yours are still fine, though!