Monday, April 20, 2009

And, the results are in....

Seminoma. A type of testicular cancer that is slow-growing and very responsive to treatment. Its the same type of cancer that Lance Armstrong had.

Apparently the pathologist was very certain that this is the type of cancer Heath is dealing with. Funny thing is....nothing showed up on the CT scan in the testicles. So, we will get more information on Friday when he has another appointment with the oncologist. We don't have a whole lot of details except that he'll have to have chemo, but less than what Hodgkin's lymphoma would require.

So....since this testicular cancer is only presenting in the neck lymph nodes....maybe its his twin! *insert humor*

9 comments:

Brian & Kara said...

So, given the possibilties, this sounds like a good scenario. I can't wait till it's all over for you both.
We'll keep you in our prayers. I'm so glad to hear that it is something so treatable. And I'm glad you still have your sense of humor! =)

Colleen said...

Wow! I am sitting here in shock...I am praying for you all and hoping for the best possible treatment! Keep that sense of humor and keep the faith! You are both such strong individuals - hang in there!!

Unknown said...

This sucks. I hate cancer. Cancer sucks.-- CW

Unknown said...

Also, my cousin had this two years ago. Well, it ws some kind of testicular cancer. It had spread to his lung. He had to have one whole lung removed and chemo... two years later, and he's doing great. Just a little word of encouragement. But cancer really does suck and I am getting really tired of it.--CW P.S. Love you guys!

Unknown said...

By the way, this is Cailen. Mike had a google account now and I just posted under his. Just realized you *might* know more than one Mike. :)--CW

Mom to Tate and Charlie said...

Hugs & prayers.

The Fields Family said...

So relatively speaking it's good news. Yes, cancer really does suck. I hate it. However treatment has come a long way. As I mentioned my Dad has gone through chemo and he never even missed a full day of work. Heath will do great and soon it will all be just a memory!

MJP said...

I am glad that the diagnoses is the lesser of the two evils. I am glad that Tex is strong and healthy and will overcome everything. You will still be in our prayers. It's always good to keep humor involved no matter what.

Stewart Family said...

I'm sorry to hear this, but keep up your positive attitude, it's about the only thing you can do right now. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you that everything goes well on Friday. Welcome to the cancer club Heath!